The Nevada Rural Water Association is a nonprofit membership organization providing water and wastewater technical assistance, and watershed protection coordination programs statewide. We reach out to offer an extensive training calendar that includes practical, hands-on training, individual instruction and mentoring, and classroom and board room training. In addition to our annual training conferences, training is offered by request at your location and on your schedule. Here are just a few examples of assistance and training we are ready to deliver:
- Using GIS for mapping and utility management
- Water and Wastewater Training / Certification Preparation
- Rate Setting Assistance
- Community Based Watershed Protection Planning
- Household Income Surveys
- Training for Board Members (multiple subjects)
- Understanding your system and its components
- Water and Wastewater Regulations Compliance
- Long-Range Capital Improvement Planning
- Water Conservation Plans
- Maintenance Management Programs
- Operation and Maintenance Manuals
- Implementing Your Cross-Connection Control Program
- Public Outreach and Education
- Quickbooks, Excel and Office procedures
There are many others available, please call for more information.
Date: August 18, 2017
Time: 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Instructor: John Schwartz with USABlueBook
Topic: Water Quality Sampling
This class will review sampling regulations including the RTCR and practices. Sampling covered will include Bacterial, Organics, Inorganics, Lead & Copper, TTHM & HAA5’s and Radionuclides.
The videoconferencing system will be used with locations throughout the State. The base location will be Western Nevada College in Carson City.